Sunday, July 17, 2011

My Lists

Things I will miss about being pregnant:

1. Feeling the baby move. He is one highly active lil baby! And even when he's kicking the crud out of me....I still think it's pretty amazing! Actually amazing doesn't describe it. There is not word for it. Feeling him move, above all things, makes all the bad parts worth it!
2. When he gets the hiccups.
3. Anderson loving on my belly and showing her nurturing side.
4. Daydreaming about what he'll be like.
5. Maternity clothes. Why don't all clothes come with elastic waistbands?!
6. People being thoughtful and kind to me.
7. Assisting God with a miracle.
8. Pregnancy dreams. I have had some awesome really triply ones. I even had a lucid dream where I realized I was dreaming in the middle of it! It ended up being a dream within a dream within a dream. Crazy Inception stuff!
9. Having a bloodhound sense of smell.
10. How great food tastes that you've been craving! It's magical!

Things I will NOT miss about being pregnant:

1. Not being able to eat and drink what I want! Will someone bring me a tall mocha with skim milk, whip cream and French vanilla favoring from Starbucks to the hospital, please?! Oh...and a giant order of spicy duo and tuna rolls from Taiko!!!
2. Not being able to roll over or get up without pain or help. Just ask Trevor about trying to get me off the couch when Anderson fell asleep on me. It was embarrassing!
3. Nasal congestion. Breath Right Strips-be gone!
4. Having what seems like, a bladder, the size of an acorn.
5. Having to tell Anderson I can't do something because of my physical restrictions - carry her, sit on the floor and play, etc.
6. Being out of breath. Seriously....I feel like an out of shape chain smoker!
7. Random body aches and pains.
8. Pregnancy dreams. I can't tell you how many times I've woken up mad at Trevor for something that happened in my dream. And they're so realistic that it's hard to just shake off!
9. Having a bloodhound sense of smell. It's wonderful when you're smelling good things (someone grilling, grass, the beach) but not so good when it's disgusting stuff (armpits, feet, soured towels, funky fish, garbage). It's like you can taste it!
10. Not being able to see certain parts of my body. Weird.

There are tons more that I could add to my lists. But this is the short version. Pregnancy is one of those things that is the most amazing, wonderful thing you could ever experience and at the same time, the roughest, most challenging thing, too! I do thank God for letting me experience it and trusting me to grow this little baby!

- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: