Thursday, July 7, 2011

Bed rest update - 31 weeks

I had a doctor's appointment on Tuesday to check and see how things were going. I was pretty nervous about it! Not that there was anything I could do to prepare for it....I just didn't want things to have gotten worse! But I got great news! I still have not dilated and my fetal fibronectin was negative again!!! Yay!!! The fetal fibronectin is a test that tells if you are likely to go into preterm labor in the next two weeks. So a negative is GREAT! Dr. Gernt said that I still needed to stay on modified bed rest, but that I could add back some activities. I asked her if I could go back to work and just do office/desk work and she said I could. Just not running around or working for long periods of time. I need to just sit and do my work at the desk and then go back home and lay down. So it was a great visit all around! My next appointment is at Regional Obstetrics with the high risk OB. It's supposed to be my last visit with them. I've actually really enjoyed my visits there. They are very thorough and take lots of time on the ultrasounds. I love seeing this little boy of mine! He's so active!!!


- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad

0 comments: