So sorry it's been awhile since I last blogged. It's not because I've been super busy....just haven't had much to say! So here are a couple of things to catch everyone up.
Crosby is doing really good! At his one month check-up he weighed 8 pounds 12 ounces and was 21 3/4 inches long. He is the calmest most mellow baby about 95% of the time. But the other 5%....well....let's just say he makes up for it! When he's hungry...he wants to eat NOW! And he does NOT like to take a bath or have his diaper changed. And boy does he let you know it! Sometimes I'm worried he's going to blow out a vocal cord! He's also losing the hair on top of his head. Not the sides yet...just the top. So he looks like a little old man!
Anderson is doing awesome as well! She's gone back to Helen's a couple of times this week. I'm gonna be a basket case when I have to go back to work! I've enjoyed my time with her so much! And she is such a good big sister. So loving, caring and nurturing. It just melts my heart to see her with Crosby. I took this picture last night. She laid there for half an hour just singing and talking to him. It was so sweet!!!

On Tuesday we all went to Franklin for Crosby to see a pediatric opthomologist at the Vanderbilt Medical Clinic. About a week after he was born I noticed a spot in his eye. Actually his pupil. It's like there was a small tail of iris that went into his pupil. Very weird. I showed it to the pediatrician and he referred us to an opthomologist in town who in turn referred us to this doctor at Vanderbilt. Needless to say I was a bit worried!!! It's very small and hard to see unless his eyes are dilated and you're in the right light. Trevor couldn't see it for the longest time. And our pediatrician even wondered how I saw it! Here is my very rough drawing that I sent to Tara for her to show the pathologists she works with. Obviously his iris isn't white but you get the idea.

After a long trip with lots of traffic, we finally made it to Franklin. They dilated Crosby's eyes and took a good look at them. The doctor told us that it is just a benign anomaly. When the eye is forming in utero, the iris has blood vessels that attach it to the lens. Somewhere between month 5 and 7 of pregnancy these blood vessels disappear. Well in Crosby's case, it didn't go away completely and caused an extension (tail) of the iris. The doctor called them iris processes. There are actually several tiny ones in that eye. But they don't attach in the middle of the lens where vision might be impaired so that's good! It will always be there but shouldn't cause any vision problems! I was so relieved!!! The doctor pulled up this google image of it. Crosby's is much bigger but you get the idea.

After the doctor we decided to treat Anderson for being so good and took her to Chuck E. Cheese. It was the best time to go! Right in the middle of the day when no one was there. Crosby slept through the whole thing.

Anderson rode and played everything at least twice! She had a blast! Oh and she's been asking me to curl her hair recently. Doesn't it look so good?!

And Trevor broke a sweat in the hamster wheel! Ha!

Even though the traveling/traffic was exhausting with an infant, I was very glad to get the good news and to spend the day with my family!
Trevor and I went out two nights in a row recently! On his birthday and again on our anniversary. I ordered our Family Rules for our anniversary. Aren't they awesome?! I love it!!!

Here is just some random cuteness. How hilarious does he look?!

More randomness....one day last week I was in the kitchen and grabbed the scissors to open something. They are the big heavy duty ones that you cut up chicken and meat with. Well I got all butterfingers and dropped them. I quickly moved my foot out of the way right before this happened:

YIKES! My foot was right in that spot!!! Thanks to my lightning fast reflexes I still have all my toes!
Last story...... Anderson, Crosby and I were on our way home today. Anderson had just gotten her flu mist and was eating a dum dum sucker. We were talking about her day and I asked her if she ate all her lunch. No response. I thought she was just ignoring me. So I turned around to see she had fallen asleep and the dum dum was hanging from her bottom lip. Just stuck. I couldn't stop laughing! I waited til I got to a stop sign to take a picture but it had already fallen.

I looked back at the next stop and she had turn her head. Uh oh! Sucker in the hair.

By the time we got home it was nice and buried in her hair.

I'll have you know I got it out of her hair, took Crosby and her and all their stuff upstairs, and they both stayed asleep!!! AMAZING!!!
Well that's all for now! I'll try to be more diligent about my updates!
- Posted using BlogPress from my iPad
0 comments:
Post a Comment