Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Blogging from the bed!

Well I'm actually on the couch but close enough! I haven't blogged on this site in TWO YEARS!!! Yikes!!! So to catch you up I'll give you a quick rundown: Anderson will be four next month, Raley's still being a dingo and I'm in my 29th week of pregnancy with a bouncy baby boy! Now you're caught up!

I'm "blogging from the bed" because I have recently been placed on bed rest. Anderson was born six weeks early so they have to be super cautious with me. Last Thursday I started having more than average Braxton Hicks contractions that didn't go away when I rested. I called the doctor's office thinking they would tell me to drink lots of water and rest. Well....they said to head to labor and delivery at the hospital! Waterworks!!! Basket case!!! I couldn't stop crying! Anyway...long story short: I'm not dilated, my fetal fibronectin test came back negative (a test that predicts if you will go into labor in the next two weeks) and I have an irritable uterus. They sent me home later that night with some medicine and orders to rest. I saw my doctor (Dr. Gernt) yesterday and she said everything looked great! Still not dilated and baby looks good! But given my history of preterm delivery they have to be cautious. So I'm on modified bed rest for at least two more weeks when I see her again.

Here is what I can and cannot do on modified bed rest: I don't have to stay laying down in the bed the whole day. I can make lunch or light meal. I can shower. I can walk to the mailbox. I can do one load of laundry per day. I get one "outing" per day. This means I can drop off or pick up AK from Helen's, pay a bill, pick up medicine, go to doctor's appointments, go get my shot, etc. But I only get one. No multiple errands. I got special permission to get to go to my friend Katie's wedding this weekend, but no reception. I can go get my hair done. I can't do big shopping at Walmart.

All in all it could be SOOO much worse!!! I just want this lil turkey to cooperate and stay put for awhile! I'll attempt to update more frequently now that I have time to and I've set up blogger on my phone!
Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

0 comments: